McKee Coat of Arms

McKee Coat of Arms

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome to Sook's orchard Baby B tree

I learned this tradition from my Gundersen family. We plant a fruit tree upon the arrival of a grandchild. MacKenzie has a yellow delicious apple, Logan a pear tree, Sydney a cherry, Hunter an apricot and now Baby B has a peach tree.


a new peach tree in celebration of another grandchild - coming in October












Helga and Kirsten came to visit Tante Fietsch last weekend and we joined them for coffee break on Sunday afternoon.

from l to r: Kirsten (Pete's niece), Tante Fietsch, sister Helga, and me

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition! Looks like a beautiful day to be outdoors. We are so excited for baby B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice picture of You and Pete. I love that grandbaby tradition. I think we should do that. It's a bit late and we'll end up with an orchard....but what a great idea.
    Tante Fietsch looks good in that picture.

    ReplyDelete