McKee Coat of Arms

McKee Coat of Arms

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We had eggnormous fun !!!....


Pat and Bill had an appointment and asked Pete and I to look after Nathan and Clara for a couple of hours this afternoon. So we decided to visit the chickens and gather their eggs.

We found the usual nest and gathered 7 eggs there.



Nathan started to chase the hens to pet them and we found another stash of eggs.

Clara gathered until the carton was full.


 So Clara and I stayed behind while the boys went to get another container

and here's the second box

then we had to wash the eggs and Nathan did it with such care


Then he wanted to know what the inside looked like, so I showed him. He thought there might be a baby chick in there.

then he wanted to play with it



then he wanted to eat it, so Pete cooked him an egg


then Clara wanted to taste too - so we shared

while we were washing eggs, Clara found the rocking horse


we had fun playing, but then Nathan decided the horse needed a name. His name is Rusty, so we hung his name tag around his neck. Nathan made the name sign by copying what I wrote.

we traced our hands and drew a piggy

and sat in the sunshine and loved Molly

swung on the swing and had a great afternoon


I think we might be in the running for Aunt and Uncle of the year in Ontario too. They whimpered and cried and didn't want to leave. Can't breathe, can't see, can't hear but they like us anyway! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Aw, look how much fun they had with you - no wonder they didn't want to leave! We sure miss those two but it's good to see that they are in great hands. Thanks for letting them have fun with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for sure you guys are at the top of the list of their favourite people. What a wonderful time they had at your home. Clara loved the egg adventure yesterday so much she wanted brown eggs for breakfast. Amazingly she licked the bowl clean. It's so fun to come to your home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously how can you not be one of the favorite Aunt and Uncle? ;) You're just so much fun! I bet those kids had a riot. I know my kids did! My kids still talk about you on a daily basis. It is just too bad that we are all so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee...I want to go to Aunt Heather's and Uncle Pete's too!!! I want to gather eggs, eat eggs and rock on the horse. Oh, to be a kid again...what fun.

    Yes, I think you have DEFINITELY taken over for favourite aunt and uncle!
    Love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are great - to take the time to have such fun! I hope one day my kids can try you out for best Aunt and Uncle too! I know I sure have a lot of great memories of being at Aunt Heather's and Uncle Pete's!

    ReplyDelete